ZSOLT Solar water pumping system is a stand-alone system which operates on power generated by Solar Photovoltaic modules. The power generated by solar modules is used for operating the submersible pump set for lifting water from open well or water reservoir for various purposes like irrigation and community water supply etc. The system requires a shadow-free area for installation of the solar modules. The key features of Solar Water pump:
- Runs directly on Solar Power
- Rugged Construction
- Simple Installation & maintenance
- Highly reliable
- Long operating life
- Dusk to dawn operation.
- MPPT controller for High Efficiency
- Motor Horsepower Range-0.5HP to 10HP (Solar AC / Solar DC)
- Solar Modules, Pumps are certified by IEC and as per MNRE specs.
- The mechanical structure can withstand high wind velocities.
- Hot dip galvanized iron mounting structure for longer life.
- Advanced safety features including dry run, reverse polarity, low voltage and lightning arrest
- Protection against open circuit and accidental short circuit.
- Existing motors can be used, without major changes in the circuit.
ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR WATER PUMP
- No dependence on erratic grid power or expensive diesel.
- Payback period (as compared to equivalent water from diesel pump) is 2 to 3 years.
- Solar Modules warranted for 25 years.
- Ideal for areas where there is no Grid power or huge power cuts.
- Low labor and maintenance cost.
|COMPARISON OF SOLAR AND OTHER REMOTE WATERING TECHNOLOGY|
|Solar||Low maintenance||Potentially high initial costs|
|No fuel costs or spills||Lower output in cloudy weather|
|Easy to install||Must have good sun exposure between 9 AM and 3 PM|
|Simple and reliable|
|System can be made to be mobile|
|Diesel or gas||Moderate capital costs||Needs maintenance and replacement|
|Can be portable||Maintenance often inadequate, reducing lifetime of system|
|Extensive experience available||Fuel often expensive and supply intermittent|
|Easy to install||Noise, dirt and fume problems|
|Site visits necessary|
|Windmill||Potentially long lasting||High maintenance and costly repair|
|Works well in windy site||Difficult to find parts|
|Need special tools for installation|
|No wind, no power|